View Single Post
Old 28 August 2014, 04:54   #1
amadama

New here but old to Amiga...

Hi everyone,
I realize I was pretty rude by starting to post without introducing myself, my apologies.
I've been lurking on this site for several years but never created an account.
I'm from New York in USA and have been an Amiga user since I got an Amiga 1000 in 1986. I really enjoyed that machine and still have it. In 1992 I got an Amiga 3000 and still have that one too!
Over the years I pretty much moved away from the Amiga but still have very fond memories, not only of playing great games, but of doing real work on my Amigas too. Wordperfect for the Amiga was my daily program.
I did buy Amithlon back in 2001 and bought Amiga Forever in 2012 as well as having scrounged up some other random Amiga items over the years.
I got particularly interested in the EAB forums after noticing that WinUAE got MMU and SCSI tape emulation. I might finally be able to run AMIX in emulation! That was last year. Then I read about the PPC emulation Toni was working on and finally registered an account to get more involved.
I have since gone through hundreds of threads and can only say "Wow"! You guys are an amazing bunch of people! I have learned more about the Amiga in the past two weeks than in the previous 28 years!
Thanks for being a supportive, knowledgeable and patient group. Looking forward to be able to contribute something.
Alex
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.05114 seconds with 9 queries