View Single Post
Old 20 August 2014, 07:32   #1
Mister Octopus

Octotiggy - Introducing My American Wife To The Amiga

Hi folks,

My wife and I grew up in different countries and with different systems-- she grew up in the United States with mostly Nintendo consoles, and I grew up in New Zealand with a Commodore Amiga 500. We decided to introduce each other to all the games we played as kids, and to share our reactions as a YouTube channel called Octotiggy.

Our channel is only a couple of months old, but we post a video every day and we have a few video serieseses up already.

On the Amiga side of things we already have:

[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]

We also have a few one-off episodes:

[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]

Also, to "celebrate" the US film release of Michael Bay's historical drama "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", we've started a series called TURTLEFEST!-- a whole month (and probably more) of Ninja Turtle games. We've started it off with a 4-part comparison of the NES and Amiga versions of [ Show youtube player ] (both Ninja and Hero versions)!

We have a bunch of NES games up already too, and a couple newer games from Steam (because we still love modern games too!).

We've received a little bit of flack for not being the best of gamers, but these are truly my wife's first reactions to these games, so we don't always play them well (I'm looking at you, Rainbow Islands and Dogs Of War)! Some of these I haven't played for 20 years, so I'm not always the best guide either, but I have fun getting nostalgic and she has fun (most of the time) experiencing some Amiga gems for the first time!

If you want to check us out, just click on any of the games I've mentioned above-- they all link to the videos on our channel. Or check out our nifty intro video [ Show youtube player ]. It gives you an idea of some of the games coming up!

Hope you enjoy!
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.05693 seconds with 9 queries