Thread: Ppc ?
View Single Post
Old 17 August 2014, 20:08   #5
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcuz View Post
I seem to remember to know, back in the day, about PPC and that they were sought for in Amiga environment, and that the operating systems from 4 onward were based on that were not compatible with previous amiga software and even had their own UAE to emulate.
OS4 is backwards compatible with system friendly software. You don't need to run apps and tools in UAE with it. API is compatible and there is 68k CPU emulation built-in, so the emulation is transparent and old software runs just like native too. Only chipset banging software doesn't work directly under it and you need UAE for those (games, demos, really old apps).

Quote:
So, my question, what's to them that makes people excited in Winuae emulating PPC? What does add OS4.1 to amiga emulation? is that much different from Classic Amigas?
For me it's more interesting to be able to run some pre-OS4 PPC demos and games. Some of them need very spesific hardware to run, which is hard to get as real. For example Planet Potion and Future Visions intros (they were groundbreaking releases) run only on BPPC+BVision setup... although I haven't checked if BVision is supported. If not, please!

Page generated in 0.05162 seconds with 9 queries