View Single Post
Old 07 August 2014, 00:13   #48

I tried HAM video for the first time today and I'm impressed - for certain definitions of impressed - well you understand

I thought I'd describe my Linux-centric process in case it could benefit someone.

I started by downloading and

I decided to use the hvconvert script and will delve into the default conversion parameters another day. As hvconvert uses Libav which is not readily available in Fedora I decided to use one of my Debian sandboxes instead. I also decided to recompile the AVI4HV executable since the one included is probably not the latest version.

First I had to install FreeBasic. The instructions included are straightforward.

As I'm running a 64 bit Debian Wheezy I need to specifically tell Debian that I want to enable 32 bit packages before proceeding:
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

The FreeBasic prerequisites can be installed using the following command:
sudo apt-get install gcc-multilib g++-multilib lib32ncurses5-dev libx11-dev:i386 libxext-dev:i386 libxrender-dev:i386 libxrandr-dev:i386 libxpm-dev:i386

The FreeBasic installation script should now run successfully. This means AVI4HV.BAS can be compiled.

Before running the hvconvert script I need to install the libav-tools package:
sudo apt-get install libav-tools

That's it - I'm now able to run ./ <filename>.

On my Amiga 1200 I was not able to run HAMNEW.RUN <filename> to watch the video, all I got was a single screen flash. I don't know how to troubleshoot on the Amiga.

I was able to change the default tool in the .info file by right clicking the video and selecting "Info". Now I'm able to watch the video by simply double clicking.
Page generated in 0.05553 seconds with 9 queries