View Single Post
Old 19 July 2014, 21:02   #8
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geecab View Post
1. When pressing the key I defined to trigger "Next disk image in DF0:", the message says "DFO:-" for 4 seconds, then "DFO: <name of disk>" for a further 4 seconds. I just wondered if the "DFO:-" delay of 4 seconds is necessary? Its just when I'm rapidly triggering "Next disk image in DF0:" to search for a disk, it would be good to see the names of the disk flash by until I spot the one I need.
Eject is separate event and it does not know if there is insert coming later. (Eject, delay, insert is needed or many programs get confused)

But what about halving (or even more) message delay if there is more events queued?

Quote:
2. I'm pretty certain this next one would only ever be a problem for me. My arcade/Amiga machine has a 26 inch widescreen LCD mounted vertically. The screen's very top and very bottom are hidden by the bezel surround I made (Purely for aesthetics, so basically I reduced the aspect ratio from 9:16, to be more like 9:14, view it here if you are interested forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,115188.0.html). Unfortunately, the new disk message is hidden by my bezel. Do you think there is anything that can be done to somehow place the message in the center of the screen?? I feel bad asking for this as where you have placed the message (bottom left) is the ideal spot for everybody, its just me who got this problem because I made a silly bezel!
What about centering or right aligning it in fullscreen/fullwindow mode? (It may even look better than left alignment if fullscreen mode is high resolution, more closer to other OSD leds)

But not in windowed because it would look stupid, especially if bottom bar is also visible.

Page generated in 0.08159 seconds with 9 queries