View Single Post
Old 19 July 2014, 17:06   #30
andoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1979 View Post
I can understand not recording from real hardware in most cases. Connecting each machine up to the soundcard, playing the music, splicing it up, naming and tagging. It's all a bit dull and takes a great deal of time.
No, that's not the reason why I don't record from real hardware. The simple reason why I'm not recording from real hardware is because I *don't* have any of the consoles or PCs that I record from :P (I really don't know why people can't wrap their minds around this)
So instead I record from emulation.

Quote:
Just something that would be cool on your website, is to show whether each release was from real hardware or not. I was browsing through your MD releases but there doesn't seem to be a way to tell. Tagging each release with emulated or real would be a great bonus!
Well I've written in the comments section of each tagged FLAC file, but you're right, I probably should write what I used to record the soundtracks. However, if you're interested, the YouTube videos all have specified whether they come from emulation or real hardware in their titles, so you could check that one up.

Quote:
I do a fair bit of lossless MD and C64 recording myself
Well as I specified a few times in this thread I'm looking for peeps that have real hardware and are willing to record stuff, so if you want, you could help me with those two platforms by sending me the unedited recordings, and I would process and tag them accordingly.

Last edited by andoru; 27 August 2014 at 22:25.

Page generated in 0.05576 seconds with 9 queries