View Single Post
Old 02 July 2014, 17:14   #30

Originally Posted by Ami_GFX View Post
That thread is now on page 12, it was on 5 last night when I read it. Things haven't changed much yet. They do have a lot of work ahead of them if they want to bring the site up again. The specific thing that made me leave was a thread started by a moderator bragging on why he banned someone. I found that so distasteful that I never went back again. I happen to be a moderator on a satellite TV forum and, in the rare instance we ban someone which is almost always for spamming, we discuss it among the moderators in a moderator only section of the forum and quietly do it.

Looking at the list of recent posts here at EAB, not one of them isn't about Amigas. That is the way it should be.
Informing people that they will be banned is pretty common, some sites have special threads for this and some (where banning is less common) can create a thread to show an example. Why is that so bad?

I have been banned on a lot of places, mostly for posting OT and the only thing I don't approve of is banning without telling the reason for it - how could one better oneself without knowing what isn't allowed?
Page generated in 0.04958 seconds with 9 queries