View Single Post
Old 28 June 2014, 17:36   #100
Total Chaos forever!

Send a message via Yahoo to Samurai_Crow
Originally Posted by Gunnar View Post
1) We could sell the card as pure CPU upgrade earlier.
But then all what the users will get is very fast 68K CPu plus 128 fast memory.

Would this be an option for the people?
This sounds tempting! I'd make the chunky graphics mode last priority at this point anyway since if I'm coding on the Amiga I'd want to use AGA or ECS anyway. I still don't have money for upgrading my A1200 at this point though.

I've got a few questions and a comment:

Will the HDMI output in the final version support AGA chipset emulation as was originally planned for the SuperAGA chipset? Also, will there be sound passthrough in the HDMI header? (If not, there's no advantage over DVI digital other than having a smaller port is there?)

My current Blizzard1230mk4 has 16 megs of Fast RAM, SCSI2 adapter, FPU and full MMU installed. I might be tempted to sell it off and replace it with the FPGA board if ThoR could make a version of MuForce, MuGuardianAngel, Mungwall emulation from debug mode on AROS (Does that even use an MMU?), etc. that would run on it. It need not have a 68030 or even a 68060 compatible MMU since those are the only MMU utilities that would need to work with it. Those utilities are great for development and the main reason ACA accelerators don't sufficiently satisfy me or convince me to switch (not to mention that ACA doesn't go higher than an 'EC030 anyway).
Page generated in 0.05593 seconds with 9 queries