View Single Post
Old 13 June 2014, 23:35   #16
Originally Posted by wawa View Post
could you be more elaborative?
In the US, the collector of "information" automatically becomes the owner, so sites with user-provided content actually *own* the articles that users have written.

Originally Posted by SpeedGeek View Post
Perhaps you should have read the sites terms of use and membership rules a little more carefully, since you actually DID AGREE their terms of use when you created your membership account.
When I created the account, I did not save the terms&conditions, and that's over a decade ago. I do know that I had to re-register at some point, but at that time, I had met Wayne in person and didn't even read the terms that might have changed. I never would have thought that he'd be taking advantage of the community like that.

Another point that made me angry was that Wayne's debt was primarily caused by someone we all know too well, and some of you might know that I don't like these people too much either.

You probably won't like Amibay either since their server is in U.K. and the site owners also assume full control over content.
"full control" while the author still has a veto is OK with me. However, if I change my mind and don't want my articles on that site any more for whatever reasons, I can *make* them delete my content - if required by legal means. I can't do that if the server is in the US.

I'm not on AmiBay because it's just too many forums to check.

Jens "Paradroid" Schoenfeld banned on Impossible! Oh, I get it, a joke...LOL!
Not a joke - I was banned for a week for some bad behaviour that I don't remember in detail. I'm human, and I make mistakes, and the same rules apply to all a1k members. Once again, I like the strict moderation of a1k, and would probably benefit from such moderation, too.

Page generated in 0.05252 seconds with 9 queries