View Single Post
Old 13 June 2014, 19:51   #12
I left for personal reasons: I didn't like the (ab)use of US law that transfers ownership of my content to the site owner, without me actively agreeing to this proceeding. I left when I found out that a) somebody made money on what I contributed to for free without me agreeing, and b) when the new owner (Bill) refused to delete my content. Granted, he was entitled to act that way by US law, so everything was perfectly legal from his point of view.

However, I'm European, and I don't like the American way of treating intellectual property rights, because I think that the laws apply double standards: Big corporations are granted lots of rights, and the "little man" is taken the rights to his content by a st*pid law that non-US users of the site aren't made aware of.

I was asked by numerous people including Matthew from AmigaKit/AEON to return to Didn't get a reply from Matthew to my conditions where a key condition is to move the physical server to Europe for legal reasons.

Just checked: The server is still in the US, so posting there is out of the question for me. EAB is in France, so yeah, it's the place to be for all those who don't speak German and can participate in, which has very good moderation (which also banned me for a week some time ago, and I still like them).

Page generated in 0.06464 seconds with 9 queries