Originally Posted by amigo-mexicano
Thanks Johan1973. I will re-check the soldering (it has soldered pins and a jumper) when I get home.
I hope that works because I am going mad haha
I'm guessing that didn't help. Because it's either going to the programming mode or not.
What did help for me was the following.
You have to use linux (possibly osx) and stm32flash.
1. connect the cables to your gotek
2. connect the usb cable to the computer
3. enter stm32flash -k -b 115200 /dev/ttyUSB0 into the console and DO NOT PRESS ENTER!
4. reset the GOTEK (connect RST and GND)
5. Now IMMEDIATELY press ENTER.
You should get something like :
root@SERVER:~/stm32flash# stm32flash -k -b 115200 /dev/ttyUSB0
stm32flash - http://stm32flash.googlecode.com/
Serial Config: 115200 8E1
Version : 0x22
Option 1 : 0x00
Option 2 : 0x00
Device ID : 0x0418 (Connectivity line)
- RAM : 64KiB (4096b reserved by bootloader)
- Flash : 256KiB (sector size: 2x2048)
- Option RAM : 16b
- System RAM : 18KiB
Repeat steps 3-5 if it didn't work.
All should be well from here.
Issue the following:
stm32flash -b 115200 -w CortexAmigaFloppyEmulator_1.05a.hex /dev/ttyUSB0
to flash the darn thing