View Single Post
Old 30 April 2014, 21:30   #38
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
With CD to a mods folder mentioned by Akira works but you have to restart PT-1210 if you want to change the mod directory.
There is another reason (at least this is my excuse thus far) for it working on a single folder. Before the app starts, it scans the folder for modules and tries to determine the bpm of each module found.

If you're running on an unexpanded A500/A600, this is not fast, especially if you have a lot of mods in the folder. So imagine if you're doing a live set and you switch folders and it takes ages to re-load the list, your current tune might run out.

It's a bit like the exit function only works if the music has stopped and you hold the ESC key for 1/2 second. Features to try and ensure that you don't get caught out while doing a live gig.

There is also the fact that coding file selection and dos calls are boring as hell

On a side note: if you hit a key (A-Z) in the file selector, it jumps to the first file with that character (UK char only at the moment, sorry)

I've taken a break from development for the moment mainly because after Revision my day job turned into a shit tornado! (Most of the dev is done during my lunch break ) We will be back on it soon enough though, mainly to try and fix issues such as Kickstart 1.2 / 1.3 and an SPS issue which popped up.

BTW - Request if I may? If anyone has an A500 (ks 1.2 / 1.3) with a hard drive attached, can you try and run it from the HD? My WinUAE tests seem to suggest our kickstart issues are only floppy related..
Page generated in 0.05758 seconds with 9 queries