View Single Post
Old 28 April 2014, 00:47   #1
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

What's been happening over at the Amiga Lounge

Hi, all,
I haven't been around lately, and you may be wondering "What's happening over at the Amiga lounge Website.
Well, Obviously, I didn't sell it.Nobody was willing to actually buy it and Pay Money for the site.
But we have changed things up there. Myself and a partner have "re-vamped" the site into a blog post site, sort of like Engadget, and the Verge and such. We publish "geek" news, not just stuff on the Amiga.
We chose NOT to put up a whole bunch of "eye-Candy" and active scripting and such, so even an on-line Amiga can surf it without killing it.

The "old" site is kind of still there, I was going to kill it, but we still get hundreds of hits a day to the individual pages. I have been thinking of putting the "old" site behind a pay wall for like 10 bucks a year, so we can at least pay for some of the site.
I hate to resort to banner ads and such, but the open donation system has not produced one cent in the last 5 years of the lounge's operation, so a decision will be made soon on trying to monitorize the site. Not trying to get rich here, just trying to keep the site from eating at my own pockets.

The on-line store is down. I am not sure if I want to spend the time to get it back up. I still have literally thousands of Amiga Items for sale, but the Hardware always gets posted on Amibay.

For example, I have an NTSC A3000, that I have painstakingly put together out of 2 units listed for sale there. I am 100% confident that this is the only A3000 listed for sale, with that much time and work put into it, in Canada, never mind North America.
you can also see the daily progress of me rebuilding it on the amiga lounge blog.
So Stop on by the new Amiga lounge daily at http://amigalounge.com (no www.)

Page generated in 0.04903 seconds with 11 queries