View Single Post
Old 01 March 2003, 10:37   #44
Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
Originally posted by Pyromania
Add 10,000 Athlon 2000+ machines, that still will not give you a switcher or a 10 nanasecound CG, Chroma Effects, and none MPEG or Motion JPEG video compression. The Video Toaster Flyer on the Amiga uses VTASC which is a quality way of saving video on a harddisk. It looks way better than DVD video even, which is MPEG 2. In fact the only way I know of to add a switcher to the PC is with the Video Toaster [2] card also from Newtek. It will set you back $2995 though not including the SX-8 breakout box which is another $1999. I own both so I know.
From my understanding the flyer just dumps data without compression to a hard disk, which means you better have massive storage and it better be extremely fast. Other cards can capture without compression I assume, but at high resolution this would fill up a raid at 30mb/sec (or something like that) pretty quickly so its not used in its final form. If your making a DVD any footage will end up as MPEG2 so why compare the uncompressed video to the final product.

Last edited by Unknown_K; 01 March 2003 at 10:55.
Page generated in 0.04809 seconds with 9 queries