Old 14 April 2014, 03:18   #1229
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0
Well after looking at the product, components and PCB manufacture you would be looking at sub $12 per unit for 25+ units. Obviously manufactured in China / Asia
Sigh - are you really judging a product price by the price of components? Labour, development cost and financing, possible warranty returns, customer support, testing is not in your calculation?
Sadly I have been misquoted of sorts, in the above I was referring to the IDEFix Express not the C64 Reloaded - please note, its only in my estimate of the components and assembly - as I read that part of the thread regarding a re-run of the product that is sorely needed by some

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Quote:
At €149 this is insane!

How many working C64's can I buy for this price!? A quick scan on eBay says nearly half a dozen!

...and maybe you can even buy enough to have one that will not show the VSP bug. It's a game of chances, like buying a used car: You save a lot of money, and you have no warranty.

Really.... ??

A little exacerbated with this, the VSP bug is quite rare in regards to 99% of software isn't an issue - and IF you are unlucky to have a said fault then surely there is a work around for the original C64 PCB

As I am not in the market for the product I am having a hard time finding the Value of the product - what am I really getting for €149?

An unpopulated incomplete C64, which wont be usable out of the box unless I have (1) a 6502 and SID laying about OR (2)a C64 I want to victimize.

I am truly sorry Jens, I admire you quite a lot, but perhaps I am too limited as I cannot see the Value for the market in this product.

Page generated in 0.05379 seconds with 9 queries