yesterday it was the 5th anniversary of BOH
and I could not find a better way to celebrate the event than releasing a brand-new edition that majestically closes the incredible evolution the game underwent since its original release.
The 5th Anniversary Edition:
* includes all the updates released previously;
* reworks the video modes handling (full screen by default; window on 16-bit screens allowed; more robust; etc.);
* adds the CRT and LCD pixel modes;
* adds the 5x zoom;
* adds 5 new missions, bringing the total to a massive 60;
* assigns the pause to the [ESCAPE] key (instead of a specific key), which thus no longer causes the immediate abort of the current mission;
* reworks the menu controls (more keys; do not depend anymore on the in-game controls configuration);
* adds the emergency configuration reset (assigned to the key [F12]);
* adds the screenshot functionality (assigned to the key [F1]);
* makes quitting by means of [ALT]+[F4] available on all platforms;
* sets the default URL for records submission to http://www.retream.com/BOH
(it is no longer necessary to specify such URL manually in the configuration file);
* replaces the copy code with an email address for the records submission;
* updates the manuals;
* applies many other optimizations/changes/fixes, for more performance, polish and robustness.
It comes on a new CD image that contains:
* the AmigaOS, AROS, Linux, MacOS and Windows versions;
* universal installers that can install the game from scratch or update any previous version;
* the soundtrack (CD-quality audio files and print-quality jewel case materials).
It is now available also from IndieGameStand*, besides Desura*, Gameolith* and, of course, the official website.
Users can download it for free from http://www.retream.com/BOH/download.php?ID=code
(where "code" is the personal copy code).
The demos have been updated to reflect the changes.
*Please note that it might take a few days before the updated version appears on these shops.