I've have co-designed a new PCMCIA SRAM memory card with the following features:
- Adds 4MB of Fast RAM to Amiga 600 or Amiga 1200
- Built using modern, high performance 55ns SRAM ICs
- Very simple installation - just insert the card into PCMCIA slot on the left side of Amiga
- Compatible with all PCMCIA friendly accelerators and memory expansions*
- Usable as memory expansion or temporary virtual hard disk (contents are not preserved when Amiga is powered off)
- Socket for optional battery-backed attribute memory M48Z08
- Made by Amigans for Amigans!
* - We did our best to ensure that this card works on as many configurations as possible, but some accelerator and Fast RAM expansion designs are inherently incompatible with PCMCIA slot if more than 4MB of memory is installed (for example Apollo/Elbox/Viper 1230LC, M-Tec 1230/28, Blizzard 1220, 8MB Fast expansions without processor).
The card currently is in a state of prototype and we (me and jarob) are thinking about making a batch of these cards. So we'd like to gain some understanding about how much of an interest there is in the community. Please don't treat this thread as pre-order yet, I merely want to get some idea how many people would be interested in getting such card. If you are potentially interested in buying it, let us know here!
The card project is open source and we will publish all the final schematics and PCB projects too.