View Single Post
Old 25 March 2014, 04:22   #1
chaoshusky

Thumbs up Greetings from the UK and long time Amiga user!

I've been using Amigas my whole life, more or less. There was a gap of a few years where i stopped using them. Believe it or not though, only had an upgraded one recently. I also thought it would be appropriate to post this using the Amiga in question..my lovely, still white, albeit a bit overpriced but personally delivered A1200 w/Viper 030 accelerator overclocked to 40MHz, added PLCC FPU chip and 32MB EDO RAM. Also have another accelerator (Typhoon 1230 MKII) at 40MHz without FPU and 32MB EDO RAM..sadly only have this one PCMCIA network card though. Otherwise i'd have 2 Miggy 1200s on the 'net! I'm using IBrowse, of course. And Miami 3.2B under AmigaSYS4 in case anyone wondered. Need to get 3.1 ROMS still, though.. I'd love upgrades for my A500, 600 and CD32 but...well i already paid a lot for this.. I'm glad i don't have to use floppy disks at all though!

If only she could play MP3s

So yeah...hi and stuff!
Chaos/Lee

I just wish i had an 040/060/PPC/A4000/A1200T etc.. lol

Edit: Using a Gonbes GBS-8220 with 5V 2A power brick and a VGA monitor, in High res laced mode for video.Have an ATX PSU to power the Miggy.. Also tried the heavy 500 supply with 4.3A @ 5V and a 600 and 1200 PSU, still works stably so it definitely isnt a power issue with random lock-ups! Amazingly hasn't died yet but loves locking up when trying to transfer from a PCMCIA flash kit or using Amiga Explorer.. Then i have to run DiskSalv/QBTools

Last edited by chaoshusky; 25 March 2014 at 04:31.

AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.05400 seconds with 9 queries