View Single Post
Old 20 March 2014, 10:44   #5
mark_k

Yep I understand you need to emulate a disk change when the write-protect state changes. But the current situation definitely has a bug (in the 4th point below):
  • Enable master write protection and start emulation. Boot a Workbench disk.
  • Once WB loads, disable master write protection and click OK. The emulated Amiga doesn't register a disk change. Even if the write-protected checkbox in floppy settings is clear, the disk is still write-protected.
  • Open settings window and check the write-protected checkbox in floppy settings and click OK. The emulated Amiga registers a disk change. The disk is still write-protected which is correct at this point.
  • Open settings window again, un-check the write-protected checkbox and click OK. Emulated Amiga registers a disk change, but the disk is still write-protected. That's a bug I think.
I think the best way to handle master write protection being disabled after emulation has been started, is to set all floppy drive write-protected checkboxes. No disk changes would be needed when the user disables master write protection, since the disks remain write-protected. The user can then manually write-enable whichever drives they want.

Page generated in 0.04676 seconds with 9 queries