View Single Post
Old 13 March 2014, 21:00   #74
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Originally Posted by brett71 View Post
Frankly, I think what we need to do is not think of a "new" Amiga as having that much in common with a "Classic" Amiga. Keep in mind that Dave Haynie once was on record talking about the Hombre chipset, and how if Commodore had stayed alive, it would have been a completely new architecture and not compatible with previous Amiga models.

So, maybe we need to think more in terms of what Hombre could be in 2014? Are we talking a machine based on maybe an AMD CPU, ATI video card, Realtek audio or network baked in, essentially a PC variant, hardware-wise? Or maybe something more along the lines of an ARM-based machine or maybe something along the lines of a Raspberry Pi or CuBox with AROS or a new OS with the best concepts of AmigaOS 1.x-3.x incorporated? Or would it be something completely unique both hardware and OS?
you are right, if they keepthe amiga spirit and an even better workbench my answer yes, i would like the amiga still alive. But if it turns in set top box with a linux amiga anywhere, my answer is no.
Page generated in 0.05272 seconds with 9 queries