View Single Post
Old 07 March 2014, 21:51   #44
Going nowhere

Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Sorry, that's simply not the case. I produced more disks than Rob ever did, and I also sold protection schemes to the production houses. Other than weakbits and half track protections, we never had to do anything more than create a master file by reading the disk.
With respect Jim, I doubt very much that you produced more protected disks than Rob Northen, I doubt you're even remotely close to him.

For a start, most of your output would have been for the US, and frankly, the US Amiga games market was pitiful in comparison to Europe, where the majority of Rob Northens disks would have been used.

To put it plainly, he was producing disks from 1987-1994, covering Amiga, ST and PC.

Not only that, he also did various coverdisks and previews.

Not only that, but he also did budget re-releases.

Not only that, but he also on several titles had to redo work because of bugs found in the game, which meant X title had to be remastered again.

I'm a great fan of your work (Sybil was yours wasn't it?), but to claim you produced more disks than Rob Northen is just a ridiculous statement to make.

His copy protection might have been a bit 'meh', but he was prolific, VERY prolific.
Page generated in 0.07377 seconds with 9 queries