Thread: ACA500 tested
View Single Post
Old 16 February 2014, 15:19   #356
Jacques

Hi Jens,
thank you for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
We don't work any faster if you keep deviating from the standard support path: THis is not a support forum.
This is "ACA500 tested" thread, so I'm sharing detailed results of my tests with two consecutive ACA500 cards. Why shouldn't I be allowed to if the card(s) I have are having issues?

Quote:
Support goes through your reseller, and since he could not help so far, the issue has been sent back to us.
I went this route already, spend some money on sending the card back to reseller and in returned got another ACA500 bothered with same problems.

Quote:
We've investigated the corner cases you've reported, and fixed them.
I've just tested 0.99 and unfortunately that's not the case. All symptoms I mentioned above are still present if you go with the test-scenario I described above.

Quote:
No need to spread false information about hardware flaws and the like.

Actually this is a bit harsh charge towards me, since as a customer I only raised a question what's the reason behind my problems (which I'm entitled to I guess, having spent some money on the card), since either reseller-tests and new version of firmware still didn't fix the issues I'm troubled with. It's either some ACA500's are affected or you haven't tested identically same scenario & hardware (CF cards-wise) as I'm mentioning.
0.96 was supposed to fix such issues but didn't, now you have released 0.99, so I guess some problems were still diagnosed after 0.96, unfortunately 0.99 doesn't fix them yet, too.

Of course we don't need any negative emotions here, I understand you trying to help and fix problems and I appreciate that, but also please understand me, since with time and money spent, in certain conditions ACA500 I have still has problems on fully functional Amigas and CF cards (A500 ECS Agnus 1MB version, A500+ ECS Agnus 2 MB version - both machines have 0.5 MB CHIP RAM on mainboards).

best regards.

Last edited by Jacques; 16 February 2014 at 16:07.

Page generated in 0.10993 seconds with 9 queries