View Single Post
Old 15 February 2014, 20:28   #98

Originally Posted by matthey View Post
Just in case you missed it, there has been talk about a simple memory, IDE and maybe some kind of media slot add-on in the hardware section:

The connectors are available but no one wants to do a whole useful upgrade yet.

I doubt Individual would do anything high end for the CD32. The best hope there would be a CD32 accelerator/expansion from Majsta using an fpga processor. It would probably use a Cyclone V giving compatible 68030 performance with a TG68 or 68060 performance if the Apollo core lives up to it's promises. An fpga FPU may even be possible. We would have to see if Majsta could keep the price around your target with some of the add-ons people would expect. I believe he is planning on a 1200 accelerator first but he probably could be bribed. The available connectors make it easier already.

The problem with an A1200 accelerator is the connector, i can get them but they are $24 each plus other fees it would take for me to actually get them in my hand. It's a lot of money to front for these so without firm orders i would be reluctant to actually buy these. Majsta has expressed interest in making something for the A1200 and also the CD32. The easiest to probably do (based on connector availability and pricing) would be the CD32 as his board would not need a hard to find connector as my adapter will already have it on the board so PCB fabrication would be easy (circuit design , not .

I would actually be happy with just an 8mb fastmem board for the time being. I intend on making my adapters constantly available so there is going to be no problem with availability of them.

I will make available triple adapters for developers free so they can test their hardware on a CD32 without the need of opening it up. Their board would be able to sit on top of their CD32 so they can attach probes etc. If you are serious about making expansions let me know and i will help you out

Last edited by kipper2k; 15 February 2014 at 20:44.
Page generated in 0.05377 seconds with 9 queries