View Single Post
Old 12 February 2014, 13:22   #33

Originally Posted by Steve T View Post
Nice, last time I ordered electronics from kong hong it took ages, slightly heavier stereo amplifier though, i expect these are very light. What machine are you installing it in and re you going to have to make any alterations to fit/access the drive?
It is going into A1200 to start with. Looking at the guide on the OP it looks like no alterations are needed.

Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Is the unit lighter than a floppy drive?
If it was much lighter it would float away. Very light.

Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
This would make a good companion to this floppy drive as it is low profile
Yeah I have a nice small 'nub' stick for my OUYA. The floppy emulator would look much better with a small stick.

A have a few questions:

1. The OP guide gives pins to connect for the firmware programming. Can I just connect TX & RX from my Serial-TTL, then GND & +5V from my normal PC floppy power cable? Or do I need to link the GND from the Serial-TTL to the GND of the PC floppy power connector.

The reason I ask is that I am not sure if my Serial-TTL outputs 3,3V or 5V (yet, will test with multimeter once home).

2. The OP guide states after programming and plugging into AMIGA "Donít forget to move the jumper to the "S0" position to replace DF0." Do you think he is talking about removing the jumper across BOOT0 - 3.3V which needed to be done to activate Programming Mode?
Page generated in 0.05159 seconds with 9 queries