View Single Post
Old 24 January 2014, 03:57   #1
Brannigan

Greetings from Melbourne, Australia

Hi. I just signed up as a user here and wanted to present myself.

I'm fairly new to Amiga. After starting to listed to a podcast that played a lot of game and demo music from old platforms and seeing some Amiga demos (demos mentioned in the podcast) I got inspired and bought an Amiga 500. My collection of Amiga related gadgets has swelled considerably since then...

During the mid 90s I got hold on some demos and I was so impressed of how much they managed to squeeze out from the computers. And it looked cool. I started to write my own graphics routines and create some basic demo effects in a mix of Pascal and Assembler (Pascal for the 'logic' and Assembler for the graphic routines) on PC. I also like old games. I had a NES when I was growing up and I can still enjoy a good NES game. I've also played a lot of old PC games. Either games I used to play back in the days or games I found later.

Even if I never had an Amiga when I was younger, I think the step is not that far getting into Amigas nowdays considering that I like old games and demo programming. I do want to learn to program in 68k assembler and I'm hoping that I one day might be able to create my own demo that I can present at a demo party. I like the idea of squeezing out as much as possible from a finite amount of hardware resources. It's not like the PC where you don't have to program efficiently, you can upgrade if your program is slow.
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.05389 seconds with 9 queries