View Single Post
Old 23 January 2014, 19:13   #15
Going nowhere

Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
Two words: Jungle drums. That is all. Make sure they're in (the Spectrum version does a pretty good job of implying them) and all will be well.

Edit: Also, are we getting better graphics? The ST improved on the Speccy by going from monochrome to grey-scale - the Amiga should theoretically be able to do full colour. IIRC the ST had a 16 colour palette? If I'm right, then you could mirror that in 32 colours to create a night and day palette.

I'm really, really looking forward to mapping this one!

Sorry, but its a straight port of the ST version because of the way i've done the conversion.

Essentially I have the Atari ST version running complete inside Amiga memory, and I have patched the game so that once everything has been drawn to the Atari ST screen is done, I then convert that screen to a format the Amiga can recognise in realtime.

Other than maybe doing something in the boot sequence, it will essentially be as I suspect how Dentons Designs would have done it at the time. I'd love to do more with it, but its a largely black and white game, theres not much scope to 'improve' that i'm afraid.
Page generated in 0.05035 seconds with 9 queries