View Single Post
Old 07 January 2014, 11:05   #15
thomas

Quote:
The DOM has a female connector that is correct, but I have an adapter cable so it can connect into a regular IDE cable, so both DOM and CDROM can connect to the single IDE port on the A4000
Ok. But a device which was made to occupy an IDE port entirely might not work very well with another drive on the same cable. Does the DOM have a master/slave switch? If not, it might well be that the DOM reacts on commands which are sent to the CD drive.

Actually I wonder why you pay so much money for a rather small DOM disk and a non-standard adapter cable when you can have a matching CF-IDE adapter plus a very large CF card for the same money.

Another point: did you ever have a working OS with the Deneb drivers installed? If yes, you could have put the drivers into the Deneb's flash ROM and then could boot from an USB card reader or memory stick. No need to deal with floppies any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfletcher View Post
When I start up with the install disk, I dont have to change drive type before creating partitions. I think the partitions are there, but I dont see them from the workbench floppy disk.
What do you do in this situation to get them back?

What if you hold down both mouse buttons immediately during power-on, do the partitions appear in the early startup menu? What happens if you click on "boot without startup-sequence" then?

Page generated in 0.04451 seconds with 11 queries