View Single Post
Old 03 January 2014, 16:35   #1
silverspider05

Unhappy Hi, new here and need HELP!!!!

Hello

I am new here and have been trying to play my amiga 1200. I had lost the games years ago but still have the hardware; the unit, power pack, joysticks and mouse. It is all in working condition, or so I thought. I finally purchased some games and one came through the post yesterday (cannon fodder yay!) so I set up the amiga, put the disk in and it all loaded up perfectly. I was so excited! Put disk two in as it requested, and pressed fire to start the mission. Epic. HOWEVER, when I tried to move the mouse or the joystick (I tried all three joysticks I have, and the mouse) the cursor would only move a tiny bit in any direction, and not in the right direction either. So I figured there is probably a problem with the mouse port itself. Cleaned the port up, but still no joy. I guess it's probably a bad connection and may need re-soldering or replacing? Where can I get one of these?

Second problem... whilst searching the forums re: the mouse problem, my bright spark of a boyfriend decided to disconnect everything, and SHAKE the amiga. This was followed by tipping it from side to side, and something is now rattling around in there, which was not happening before. (followed by 'it was already making that noise! I didn't do that!') He then connected it all up again (after me shouting 'Leave it alone!') and now the purple 'insert disk' screen comes up, but makes a HORRIBLE noise when you put a disk in and won't load ANY disks. *CRIES* I know there's not much chance of knowing what's going on until I open it up to see, but has anyone got any idea of what the damage is?

From a desperate Amiga owner,

Kate

AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.04663 seconds with 9 queries