View Single Post
Old 18 February 2003, 01:10   #28
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

There's no way to know what kind of hardware problems may exist in this man's machine, nor what kind of junk is slowing down his machine.

It was mentioned that IE was running on the machine - interesting note about it and spyware: here at work, all machines naturally have IE (since it's part of the OS), but a few of us run Opera. Many of the machines have ended up running at a snail's pace, but the Opera boxes haven't had that problem. It reached a point to where everybody was coming to MY computer to do their huge graphic files or page output since it was taking 4X as long on their machines. So I ran Spybot on their machines, which reported about 200+ instances of spyware on said machines. Suddenly, as if by magic, the slowdown vanished (until they started up their usual IE sessions).

As a sidenote, I ran Spybot on the machines that use Opera and no spyware was found.

Has it ever occured to you that other factors might make your machine's performance affect WinUAE's performance? You seem to be the only person on this forum that is experiencing the kind of performance you describe, despite the same configs being swapped around. With that in mind, I would lean in the direction of your box being the culprit.

Page generated in 0.05354 seconds with 9 queries