Thread: ACA500 tested
View Single Post
Old 01 January 2014, 15:49   #259
Zone Friend
Custom case - I have cut out pieces of 1/4 inch acrylic that will form to the contour of the A500. On the back of the case I have cut out holes for a small fan, power connector (to power the fan) and USB. Shaping and fitting all by hand takes longer that I thought, especially when work gets in the way. I now just have to make the mounts to hold the cards to the case. I am hoping to start that this AM. Once they are installed it will just need a coat of paint and decals. I have been afraid to power up the ACA500 and ACA1232 without having a case to protect it. 5 young kids and busy fingers makes for a dangerous situation for exposed circuit boards (for the boards). On an off side, I noticed the clock port adaptor on the ACA 500 has 2 different orientations depending on if you are installing a Subway or delfina card. I don't have a lot of experience with clockports (I have had the subway for couple years now and have not yet installed it into anything). I don't have any other computers with a clock port except the clockport that is on the deneb. I didn't think that I should install the subway on it. That isn't a typo on the ACA card? Has anyone attached a subway to the ACA500 yet? If so, would you be able to attach pics for the orientation of the cable? I am afraid of connecting the board the wrong way. I truly do not like the smell of burning circuit boards.
Page generated in 0.04732 seconds with 9 queries