View Single Post
Old 22 December 2013, 23:22   #572
Cheesy crust

Originally Posted by kodapa View Post

Just fired up my A500 after it resided 21 years in the attic. Started looking for ways to bring it in to the new millennium (ks switcher, hd et al) and found the aca500 and the Zeus. Both looks like great products but i like the internal mounting of the zeus a lot.

I have now read this entire thread (took me a while) and i have seen vince a couple of times saying you probably wont use crowdsourcing (like kickstarter) to finance the zeus. What is the rationale behind that? is it the 5-8% fees or is it a more philosophical issue? If it is the fees than maybe there is cheaper crowdsourcing platforms?

That said, really looking forward to this product, regardless of how you get it to the market!
We feel more comfortable announcing the device when we feel it's ready for production and then offer them BTO. We will do a first run of at least 50 to 100 boards. Board production and assembly will be about 1.5 to 2 months. I think that's worth the wait.

Not sure if we want to use Kickstarter for this, we do have a shop system and everything else in place.

As for other questions: This accelerator will come with the source for the core, whatever you feel should be changed or is missing can be changed. Toy with it.
Page generated in 0.05094 seconds with 9 queries