View Single Post
Old 20 December 2013, 08:18   #10
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
I will look at the fdi format. I know the ipf format does not support many protection schemes. How good is the GCR emulation in WinUAE? Several Amiga games were encoded with a mixture of MFM and GCR, mid track too.
I have never seen any program ever using GCR bit = which means there is no GCR emulation. Give me Amiga executable that reads and writes GCR data and I'll think about it

Quote:
With raw flux data there no "density" to contend with. For emulations that are using flux level, it greatly simplified things because the word of data that represents each flux transition is just a clocking duration and the MFM data is built from that, making it exactly like an original disk. SuperCard Pro can also be a floppy drive emulator and will use flux image files so no data has to be interpreted, it's just spooled like a real drive does.
I know but thats just the point, emulation does not need it = I don't need to care about it

I don't know (and probably don't want to know) how floppy controller PLL/data separator (and related circuitry) works. At least very good documentation is needed and required algorithms and more.

-> I prefer as high level data as possible that still looks like real data from real floppy drive to running software that directly accesses Paula registers.

Page generated in 0.05373 seconds with 9 queries