Thread: ACA500 tested
View Single Post
Old 13 December 2013, 20:14   #123
Originally Posted by ElectroBlaster View Post
Sorry Jens I really did not think about the usb stuff! I think it still needs to sink in with me that the Amiga can have usb ports lol

But a massive thank you for making the ACA500! Soon as I heard it was nearly ready for sale that was it, I was itching to dish out the readies

In all honesty, I will pay for whatever is done regarding the case. More so if it is made to resemble something like a GVP+ or Rochard. That would really put the icing on the cake for me
For myself, I wouldn't put this small card in a housing as huge as the old ones, because it's unnecessary for me and would only take space when going to demoparties.

Originally Posted by crasbe View Post
The case from AmiStore is more than two flat plates slapped together with a few DIN-type screws that are 7,- EUR per 1000pcs.
There are also side panels and even the expansion problem isn't really one. If you release the expansions, new side panels can be cut, so it will fit.

The guys from AmiStore wouldn't make cases, if there is no demand.

It's not a price wonder, but fair.
I probably would not spend that kind of money even if it includes shipping, unless it was really good quality and looked very nice. Is there a piccy?

There's no wonder people want to protect their cards, of course you do. It's sticking out bear nekkid!

But I think a case the size of a CD but as thick as the ACA500 would cover (hr hr) most users' needs. Until/if they expand their cards. If I had the possibility to do them I'd just make slots for everything so it's still possible to insert expansions to try them.
Page generated in 0.05273 seconds with 9 queries