Thread: ACA500 tested
View Single Post
Old 12 December 2013, 15:50   #109
Originally Posted by Lord Aga View Post
Will ACA500 have its show this weekend in Italy ?
We would like some pics.
I guess so - AmigaKit is there, and they confirmed that my shipment arrived in time before the team took off for Italy. You can already find pictures in two threads on

I'm hoping that we can release a new flash version during this weekend with updated languages. Polish translation is finished, and I got confirmation this morning that French and Italian are in the making. As soon as I have that, I'll merge the translated strings into the language file, so the next flash update gives you more languages in the configuration menu.

An internal beta version of the ACA500 menu already activates the Maprom function of ACA1220 and ACA1232. It's not yet working with the older 64M accelerators, but that will most likely also be fixed with the next version. The speed gain is really great!

Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
And bring us some pizza back from 'Planet Amiga' if you're going!!
I'm not going. Too much work here - all employees are doing overtime including saturdays until Xmas. You guys are buying ACA500 faster than expected. I expected a lot, but not this storm!

Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Also, a curious question, can my Microbotics MX1230 be used with the ACA500? Probably not, but just wondering if the ACA1232 will give me better compatibility with WHDLoad in my A1200 than the MX1230.
I don't even know if the MX1230 works at all, and to be honest, I don't care. I have clearly said from the very beginning that anything else than an ACA12xx is not guaranteed to work. If you want the ACA500 because you want to operate it with the MX1230, then don't buy it. Well, now that you've ordered already, you might as well check if the system comes up with the MX1230 connected :-)

The ACA500 is already doing a lot for compatibility, but it can't do wonders. If a WHDload game doesn't work on an A1200, it will most likely also NOT work on an ACA500.

Last edited by Schoenfeld; 12 December 2013 at 15:57.
Page generated in 0.05396 seconds with 9 queries