View Single Post
Old 22 November 2013, 17:52   #40
Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
See the biggest problem is the OS4 camp can't decide what they want to be.

It's not a retrocomputer, because the hardware is completely different.

It's not a Modern system, because all the hardware is something in performance and specification from 5-10 years ago, at prices higher than 5-10 years ago.

It's not even a hobby hacker system. Nobody is breaking out breadboards for this, the only thing X does is cost money. And the demo people either left or stuck to AGA Amigas.
it's an evolution of AmigaOS and A-Eon has committed to PPC hardware for quite some time now. If you have a chance to use OS4.1 at perhaps a computer show then you will feel quite at home.

You do have a choice of AmigaOS4.1, AROS, or MorphOS today to enjoy your modern Amiga fix. It's up to you to support it and make it better

The Xorro/XMOS slot on the X1000 is there waiting to be hacked by an old or future amigan....been quite a few interesting discussions about current/ future projects.

I enjoy what i have today and when something cool comes out of the Xorro/Xmos slot I'll be happy to try it out.

Last edited by prowler; 24 November 2013 at 01:25. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Page generated in 0.05119 seconds with 9 queries