View Single Post
Old 27 October 2013, 00:07   #21
mdrejhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Well, maybe this demo could be a good test case ... http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=4899
Does anyone manage to read the scrolling text on his LCD using any of new Motion Blur reduction technology?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
It is very easy to read in 100Hz + lightboost + black frame insertion mode. (It is less clear without black frame insertion)
Standard 60Hz is really blurry.
Yep!
With my LightBoost display combined with black frame insertion mode, I can even see the pixel jaggies, in the moving text too.

And I can do even better, even at faster motion speeds:
I can even read the street name labels at 1920 pixels/sec:
TestUFO Panning Map Readability Test

In this panning map test,
60Hz display = 32 pixels of motion blurring in regular LCD mode. Street names unreadable.
120Hz display = 16 pixels of motion blurring in regular LCD mode. Street names unreadable.
LightBoost (Strobe brightness 10%) = ~2 pixels of motion blurring in strobe-backlight mode. I can read the map!

That's more than one full, complete, order of magnitude sharper motion clarity with LightBoost.
That's less motion blur than a Sony GDM-W900 CRT, since the strobe flash of LightBoost is shorter than that particular CRT's own phosphor trailoff/decay. See the "It's like a CRT" testimonials.

And G-SYNC's optional "LightBoost seqeuel" strobe mode will be even better than LightBoost!

Last edited by mdrejhon; 27 October 2013 at 00:19.
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.05556 seconds with 9 queries