View Single Post
Old 16 August 2001, 00:28   #35
I did actually

Have a Saturn for a week before I bought my orignal PSX, I had all the supposed killer titles with it, VF, VF remix, Daytona, Virtua Cop 1 & 2 and VF 2 (Man I love Blockbuster) and I think you've hit the nail right on the head, Sega's plan for the Saturn was all wrong, they were trying to out 3D the PSX, which you just said it couldn't do.

As for 2D games, well I seem to remember Rayman playing and looking the same for both systems, so any performance advantage for the Saturn certainly wasn't noticed by me (I'm not saying it wasn't better at 2D though)

So in closing I do speak from experince in regards to the Saturn, it just wasn't for me (And I respect your opinion even though it's different from mine)

BTW I don't recall any Sony info being released (Other than the normal stuff, processor, memory and that sort of thing), infact wasn't there a lawsuit with Connectix about them reverse engineering a PSX, if the info was released why would they have to reverse engineer the thing. I stand by my original statement of poor programmers being the cause of the rubbish emu's, not any lack of info.
Page generated in 0.05030 seconds with 9 queries