View Single Post
Old 30 September 2013, 16:02   #42
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffy View Post
No, I don't mean no rewiring, I mean no soldering.

But why would the led need to be socketed to achieve this? The led is currently connected to some pins on the motherboard with a wire, right? Am I thinking in the wrong direction if an extra wire would run from the ram/ide board and connect it to the current led-wire? Something with a Y-cable? Or just an extension cable, in which case the drive led would only show CF activity, no floppy drive activity.

And if that's going to be a hassle, just a simple connector would also be nice. I can scrounge up an extra led from an old pc case without trouble.

Ah well, just a thought.
The activity LED for the CF card is actually on the board itself. The bad thing about this is that once the case is closed you cant see if there is HDD activity and if you turn off the Amiga while it is doing a write then it can cause file corruption and then have to go through the disk validation which we all love. If people want, i can remove the activity LED from the board and provide a LED on a wire so the LED can be placed anywhere they want.

Page generated in 0.04766 seconds with 11 queries