View Single Post
Old 30 September 2013, 09:53   #2370
Unregistered User
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Not correct. All clocks are derived from the Amiga pixel clock, and I have even explained the reason for all the different FPGA cores here: You can read from the name of the core how the clock is multiplied/divided. There is a perfect 2x clock available, and if you create an output mode with the exact output lines and pixels, you're almost there. I just didn't take the time to do that.
Ah, I thought the multiply/divide was from an onboard oscillator, but that is indeed good news. Then it should indeed be possible to create a 50 Hz VSync mode as it is, although it wouldn't be usable with many monitors. My own Dell can show it through VGA (not DVI), but resamples it to 60 Hz anyway, so not much gained.

The optimal solution for gaming would be for you to create a LightBoost 100 Hz VSynced mode.

Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
About two weeks ago I was at a user meeting organized by a1k members. One of the guys asked me for help with the config tool, and all I did was two or three clicks in the tool. He was totally surprised to see the drop-down menus. Do I have to include an Amiga workbench tutorial with all products?
I'm pretty sure I've been through all the menus, but you can't expect the average user to learn the tool 100%. It is quite technical after all.
Page generated in 0.12264 seconds with 9 queries