View Single Post
Old 30 September 2013, 08:30   #2369
Originally Posted by hansel75 View Post
To me this reads as, these features are not implemented yet, but will be in the future!

Jens recent reply- "The product and associated config tool work as advertised."

Jens, are we going to get those features you mentioned in your readme's or not?
You're mixing two things: Advertised features and future things that I'm planning. AFAIK, no reseller and no product description that I have sent out contain Graffiti emulation and/or VSynced output as a guaranteed feature. Just because it's possible and just because I've put it on my personal wishlist does not mean that it is part of what you have bought at the time you've bought the flickerfixer.

You should only buy a product for what it is right now, not for what you think it may become in the future.

If not then maybe you should add some more information for your products, so people are aware of the lack of these features when buying a mk2, and are not just told about the few features that work.
The list of things it does NOT is long. It is not a coffee machine. It does not play MP3. It does not speed up WB operation. It does not increase chipram size (yes, I've had that complaint!). Got the idea?

Something like- 'This product does not support a 50hz pal mode, it doesn't support vsync and graffiti modes, and gaming resolutions have issues filling the screen properly.'
Negative. The config tool gives you all the freedom to generate full-screen gaming modes and to generate 50Hz output. The sentence "it does not do what I have never advertised" is implied. Find me a judge who requires me to add that sentence, and I'll do it, but it's far from any logic to express that it's not doing what I didn't say it'll do. Besides, if you're only taking your information from the readme, you already have that information. What more are you asking for?

I'm sure there are people who don't come to forums like EAB, that buy your products based on the limited information displayed on the online amiga shops, and have no clue to these limitations of the mk2.
What you call a limitation is actually an outstanding feature of the product: It generates a standard screen displayable on most (if not all) monitors without the need for tweaking. Those nasty "can't display this mode" messages are gone, and that's what people want. If you want more, use the config tool.

Then they get it home, install it into there amiga and realize that half the basic features they simply expected the MK2 to have, are not there!

That's my opinion anyway, and if that's as good as the MK2 gets, then i feel it's an overpriced piece of hardware considering the limited feature list it currently has, very disappointing
Your current disappointment is caused by an expectation that I haven't triggered with any advert. I might satisfy your requests anyway in the future - it's just not a guaranteed property of the product.

Page generated in 0.05743 seconds with 9 queries