View Single Post
Old 22 September 2013, 13:34   #393
TCD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Beanbag View Post
When you start a game of Turrican (1 or 2) on the Amiga you know you are in for the long haul, you know you could be playing for 2 or 3 hours. Arcade games, by contrast, tend to take about half an hour to complete. It's a different context and a different audience. Perhaps they thought console-owning kids wouldn't have so long an attention span, or for whatever other reason, that a console game shouldn't last so long, that it should generally be a faster, more action-packed and "less thoughtful" experience.
Indeed, it was made for a different audience with different expectations. That's why I said that on the Amiga the typical 'console' platformers were mostly missing, but other concept with a different gameplay evolved that I don't want to miss It's about variety and I don't need Super Mario World on the Amiga to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Beanbag View Post
But the last boss is an oddity. Logically, you should have to fight The Machine at the end, so I suspect there was some space or time restriction that prevented them from including it.
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/turrican/turrican3.htm
"Mega Turrican's final factory world that ended with the confrontation against The Machine is simply missing, the game just ends after the Alien boss, despite showing The Machine in the intro and outro."
It really seems like it was left out for some reason.

Page generated in 0.05043 seconds with 9 queries