View Single Post
Old 21 September 2013, 16:25   #379
john1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
You might want to think again before making such bold statements. Your personal experiences are not equal to the absolute truth. Lots of people feel exactly the opposite way you do.
Err, this is a thread entirely full of opinion. What I said I feel is true (otherwise it wouldn't be my opinion would it!) and I said it strongly because I felt strongly, YMMV. You can call me out on it but make sure you do everybody else who has posted first. Have fun counting everybody else in this thread who also made bold statements

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynor
Ok, many games has sfx and music. That was possible but for a price of music quality. For example Superfrog uses 3 channels for music and 1 for sfx.
Yes but a small price at that, 3 channels can give a perfectly good tune. I see the C64 crowd getting less upset about the lack of channels than the Amiga gamers do. The fault was just bad decisions/lazyness by the developers.

Quote:
Audio WAS worse on SMD (I hate that converted music), gameplay identical (I ended Turrican 3, but I played Mega Turrican only first world so this might be innacurate). The only difference was grapling hook which was on SMD easier to use (more buttons).
There was nothing converted about the music in Mega Turrican. Again, Mega Turrican was not a port of Turrican 3. I'm not sure what you don't like about the music on the MD? It sounds crystal clear, fantastic for the chip.

Quote:
And yes, consoles has better ratio of good games. But that explains partially my previous post: "Besides I think Sega and Nintendo at least partially controlled quality. After all they manufactured all cartidges. As for computers anyone could publish on it's own."
But you didn't mention that ratio difference specifically, which I felt was not telling the whole story.

Page generated in 0.06400 seconds with 9 queries