View Single Post
Old 20 September 2013, 13:51   #364
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB Positive View Post
I think one of the issues with platformers on the Amiga is, and let's be honest here - Up should not be jump on a strict platformer.

Turrican was programmed with this in mind and made the jumps more tailored to an "Up = jump" standard... and did it beautifully. But Turrican is a run-n-gun more than a platformer and so doesn't count for this exercise.

I haven't really played a straight up platformer yet that I enjoyed on the miggy although I've yet to try Superfrog.

Games with platforms that are essentially other types of games though? Brilliant. Rodland, Bubble Bobble, Turrican in a way... all awesome on the miggy. But until I see a jump button for a platformer... no dice.
This up to jump thing being a problem I see quite a lot from people but how is it a problem?! It quite simply is not, it's only a problem if you were weened on Consoles first that used a button to jump, and for me because I played mostly on "Computer" games where up was jump, I found that when I tried a Console game where fire was jump that it was very annoying.

It's not that a button to jump is better, it's just that it's what you are conditioned with. Nothing more nothing less.

Page generated in 0.07028 seconds with 9 queries