Thread: whd help
View Single Post
Old 13 September 2013, 14:26   #3
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Sadly you wont have a lot of fun on a stock A1200 with WHDload as these requirements are after workbench has loaded and after memory has been allocated to Disk buffers, etc.

Some Games will work but in my experience not many! A 4mb trapdoor Ram upgrade is the way to go or if the budget stretches an 030 based turbo board with 16mb+

You can try booting without startup sequence and loading from the shell and see how you get on, depending on which seller you bought from on eBay there are some that have written scripts to load the games from CLI (i.e just by typing x and a number.) Send your seller a message to see.

If the CF uses a version of Classic Workbench and has been correctly configured you should be able to access the boot menu's to load Games from early startup using AGLaunch, this again saves memory.

As for preload the latest versions of WHDLoad take care of that automatically where not enough memory is available, you could try updating to the latest release if you don't have it already however if your seller used a pirate key as many of the eBay ones do then it probably wont work with the latest WHDLoad.

With that last thing said I highly recommend registering in your own name if you haven't already as WHDLoad is well worth supporting

Page generated in 0.07968 seconds with 9 queries