View Single Post
Old 04 September 2013, 00:20   #14
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Personally, on this game i'd go for Dual Playfield, and the reason for that is if it is mostly horizontal scrolling, you've no issues using colour reloading because theres no up or down movement to bugger it up.

Most of the colours in the first level is greens and browns, with judicious copper reloading, I think even with the colour limitations of Dual Playfield, it could be a very close approximation of the original.

They've also rather neatly helped with the scoreboard as well, extra time gained by not having to overlay on moving graphics, simply clear and plot, or if you're a lazy twat, simply plot over the old graphics depending on the block size you use for the score.

When it comes to any vertical sections, it wouldn't hurt to code it completely differently just for those conditions, does it have parallax when it goes vertical?

It doesn't look a particularly large game.

Personally, I see no reason why a Dual Playfield OCS game couldn't be a very close approximation of the arcade original, maybe use sprites for the main character as he's not exactly the most colourful chap i've ever seen, and hey, just for extra niceness, graduated sky using the copper (not fucking drawing it Tiertex, are you listening???) to give it a nice upgrade over the arcade.

Page generated in 0.07779 seconds with 11 queries