View Single Post
Old 03 September 2013, 22:03   #10
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
It's a 1986 Arcade game with technically nothing special imo. I'm no expert but it should run in full 50fps easily on a A500. With a proper coder team of course.
That's the point of this thread though - although it doesn't look technically anything special to you, certain things would have to be dropped, changed or tricks used to make it a close copy of the arcade. This isn't the easiest game to make a perfect port of due to the 2 layers and quite a bit of stuff moving so it's interesting to hear what other programmers would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
yes i think the same as retro-nerd, it's a 1986 game, and it should be ported quite easily on an Amiga with 1mb of ram. Other than, if you want to go A1200, then the arcade game should be almost a perfect port.
Ported easily yes, after all the 8 bit machines have a version. But to make it really close to the arcade isn't quite so easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Best home version is probably the late Sharp X68000 port by Dempa. Looks like arcade emulation though.

[ Show youtube player ]
That indeed looks like the arcade game.

There's still a lot of other technical people on here that haven't posted yet, so maybe they would come up with a different approach. I'm thinking Stingray, Galahad, Girv, Mrs Beanbag, MethodGit etc

Page generated in 0.04331 seconds with 11 queries