View Single Post
Old 15 August 2013, 18:39   #12
alenppc

Progress update:

I have realized that even 30 Mhz is unstable after a little while. The reason? Commodore GALs get incredibily hot after a few minutes (too hot to touch for more than a few seconds), which is funny cause the 040 stays really cool. I think I need faster GALs. This should be solved once I apply SpeedGeek's 030 machine state mod. I have obtained all the necessary 10ns, 7ns parts. I am just about to get some 5ns ones for experimentation as well. Also I am waiting for a programmer socket adapter to arrive from China. If it ends up taking too long, I will build my own.

SpeedGeek, I have reread the entire documentation that you wrote once again, and some things are a bit clearer to me. Applying the machine state mod should be fairly straightforward.

I will get a 74F74 chip also, and try to figure out how to use it for a 25 mhz clock to feed to the motherboard, not sure exactly where to start on that one but let's first do the state machine mod and go from there.

My entire A4000/A3640 and daughterboard have fresh brand new capacitors. I have even fixed the reversed cap polarity issue on the 3640. I am also using 70ns ram as I can't find 2/4 mb modules in 60 ns flavour.

Last edited by alenppc; 15 August 2013 at 18:47.

Page generated in 0.04292 seconds with 11 queries