View Single Post
Old 06 August 2013, 17:28   #43
TomCrazy

@Trydowave
Here, maybe this can help you:
[ Show youtube player ]

Also, I'm wondering about the scratch that can be seen close to R512 in this photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/6788377...ream/lightbox/

Is that just a piece of hair, or is it a scratch on the motherboard? If it's a scratch, I wonder if it's deep enough to go through the traces on the motherboard...?
It would be a pretty easy thing to fix for someone who is used to doing these kind of repairs, but if there actually is a break on one of these traces, it might explain why you're having certain problems with your motherboard. I don't feel like backtracking these traces on my motherboard right now since it will take some time to do so, so I'm not sure at the moment which signals are going through these traces. What kind of symptom your Amiga will show because of a break in these traces will depend on what signals are going through them.

Could you check your motherboard to see whether this is just a piece of hair from some fabric or if this is actually a scratch in the PCB? If it's a scratch, how deep is it? Could you check it with a magnifying glass?

In any case, what I would start with is to try to hook up a shugart drive to the motherboard and see how that works, since the one you have is obviously not a shugart drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
I just loaded X copy on an external (using the boot manager) and it loads but all the gfx are crashed.
This is perfectly normal. You have to go into the early boot menu by holding both mouth buttons at startup, and then click on "Display Options..." and choose "Original" instead of the default setting of "Best Available".
Click "use" and then start XCopyPro. The graphics will no longer be corrupted.

Last edited by prowler; 07 August 2013 at 16:33. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.

Page generated in 0.05437 seconds with 11 queries