View Single Post
Old 27 July 2013, 18:20   #7
kipper2k

k,

I resoldered all the removed components, added the jumpers for all the bad traces i had found and powered it up... Black screen... damn, i thought i was looking good.

Ok, next step was to take out my own a500+ connectivity charts that i created for checking continuity between the various components that could possibly be affected. First place to start the checks were all the trace lines coming from Gary.

next bad traces i found was...

Gary, Pin 11 > CPU pin 7 > Agnus 52 (no connection, trace bad)
Gary, Pin 43 > via resistor R101 > CPU pin 10 (no connection, trace bad).

Added the new jumpers to the board, turned it on and Up she boots . Tapped the board in a few places and jiggled the wires and no freezing etc.

Next step, resolder 2 new DB9 connectors, attach the floppy drive and boot up a game. so booted up the Addams Family plugged in audio and played the game fine with audio from both channels.

So next, i need to replace the expansion port connector to get rid of the bad corrosion on the pins and pads, and replace the DB25 connectors that also look a little sad.

Here is a picture of the repaired top of the board, sockets added for agnus, U10 - U13 and Gary. Replaced all the resistors and caps that i removed earlier

Here is a link to a Hi-Res image

Here is a pic of the bottom of the board showing the added jumper wires

and here is a supersized link at the board so you can see the detail.

I'll update as i get more things done, you'll probably see little bits of paper towel on the board used for wiping down, nothing to worry about

Last edited by kipper2k; 27 July 2013 at 18:51.

Page generated in 0.07731 seconds with 11 queries