View Single Post
Old 26 July 2013, 22:32   #518
Originally Posted by freon View Post
Will the Indivision ECS Flickerfixer fit together with this one?
It fits perfectly if you use an extra IC socket on the Zeus. You'll probably need this kind of riser on most A500 revisions because of all those capacitors standing around

Originally Posted by luncheon View Post
I have a more mundane question: My A500+ R8A has an older, thicker Samsung keyboard (the one found in the older Rev5 A500s) instead of the newer, slimmer Mitsumi model. Will the Zeus board fit there, or will I need to switch to the slimmer keyboard?
Haven't seen this type of keyboard yet, so I really can't say if it will fit.

Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
Based on the shown design and only using the one riser on the CPU socket you should have enough clearance. (you won't need that 6 wire jtag cable, it's only for programming)
The keyboard won't fit if the JTAG connector is mounted (I'm not sure if the final production boards will be shipped with the connector in place). I've modified my card and now the connector pins point in the opposite direction. My little son developed a strong interest in the open A500 sitting on my desk, so I needed to find a proper solution to keep the A500 case closed.

Originally Posted by luncheon View Post
What happens with the Zeus' RTC module if you already have one onboard (trapdoor A500, A500+, A2000, B2000)? I assume it disables itself, or maybe it disables the stock Amiga module instead?
The RTC stuff is still on our to do list, but most likely there will be an option to disable the Zeus RTC via the boot menu.

Originally Posted by majsta View Post
1. No more trapdoor connection socket?
It's still possible to use trapdoor memory expansions if you disable the $C0 memory option on the Zeus.

2. I don't see how IDE can autoboot without using another address space and new driver becauuse don't see anywhere OVR, INT2 connections.
INT2 is only needed for Gayle IDE emulation, the AT-Bus IDE uses polled I/O.

4. Any additional riser slot can cause disturbance to 7MHz clock so edges can't be captured properly.
Our hardware designer really knows what he's doing there.
That extra riser socket doesn't cause any harm to the signals as far as I can say.

5. Don't understand purpose of top right connector (logic analyzer maybe if so why didn't use JTAG).
The top right connector provides:

- IDE LED connector
- Power/CPU activity LED connector
- NMI switch connector
- CPU clock switch connector
- INT2 input pin

6. Purpose of Spartan generating few things:
a) Rising and falling edges of 7MHz clock
b) SDRAM controller
c) Driving DIR and OE signals to buffers
d) RTC timings
e) IDE controller and possible part of Gayle logic
The Spartan is basically the heart and soul of the Zeus. It handles the whole logic stuff (bus protocol, memory controller, Autoconfig, IDE, ActionReplay emulation, ...)
Page generated in 0.05798 seconds with 9 queries